Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions set forth the terms and conditions for providing the Services (as defined below), and the rights and obligations between the Company and registered users of the Services. You must read and agree to the entire Terms and Conditions before using the Services.
Article 1 Applicability
- The purpose of these Terms and Conditions is to set forth the terms and conditions for providing the Services and the rights and obligations between the Company and the Registered Users (as defined below), and these Terms and Conditions shall apply to all aspects of the relationship between you and the Company in connection with the Services.
- Any rules for use of the Services posted on our website at (https://watchdog.mx/en/rule) shall constitute an integral part of these Terms and Conditions.
- If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the Rules or any other description of the Services not provided for herein, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Article 2 Definitions
For purposes of these Terms and Conditions, the following terms have the following meanings.
- “Service Agreement” means not only these Terms and Conditions but also any other agreements relating to the Services to be executed between the Company and the Registered User.
- “IP Rights” means copyrights, patents, trade marks, utility rights, design rights and other intellectual property rights (including rights to obtain or to apply for registration of such rights).
- “Company” means JIG-SAW INC.
- “Website” means such website as may be from time to time operated by the Company, whose domain name is watchdog.mx (or if such website's domain name or content has been modified for any reasons, such modified website).
- “Registered User” means any person or entity that has been registered as a user of the Services pursuant to Article 3 (Registration).
- “Servicesr” means any and all services provided by the Company under the name Watchdog (or if such name or the content of such services has been modified for any reasons, such modified services).
Article 3 Registration
- The person who wishes to use the Services (a “Candidate”) may apply for the registration to use the Services to the Company by agreeing to comply with these Terms and Conditions and providing certain information prescribed by the Company (“Registration Information”) and desired usage plan in accordance with such manner as prescribed by the Company.
- The Company shall determine whether to register a Candidate who made an application pursuant to the first paragraph of this Article 3 (an “Applicant”) in accordance with the Company's criterion, and shall notify the Applicant of its approval, if the Company determines to do so. The Applicant's registration as a Registered User shall be completed upon the notice by the Company pursuant to this paragraph.
- Upon completion of the registration pursuant to the foregoing paragraph, the Service Agreement shall become effective between the Registered User and the Company, allowing the Registered User to use the Services pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
- The Company reserves the rights to refuse registration or re- registration of any Applicant without any obligation to disclose the reasons, in the event that:
- Any or all of the Registration Information provided by the Applicant to the Company is found to be false, inaccurate or omitted;
- The Applicant is a minor, adult ward, or person under curatorship or assistance, for which approval has not been obtained from such Applicant's legal representative, guardian, curator or assistant;
- The Applicant was determined by the Company to (i) constitute an organized crime group or a member thereof, rightist organization, anti-social force, or other similar person or entity (“Antisocial Force”), (ii) have any interaction or involvement with an Antisocial Force, or (iii) assist or be involved in the maintenance, operation or management of an Antisocial Force by way of finance or other means;
- The Applicant was determined to have been in violation of any agreements with the Company, or to have involvement with a defaulting party of any such agreements;
- The Applicant was determined by the Company to have failed to or be likely to fail to pay for the Services or others;
- The Applicant has suffered any of the measures under Article 11; or
- In addition to the foregoing, the Company deems the registration inappropriate.
Article 4 Change to Registration Information
The Registered User shall promptly notify the Company of any change to the Registration Information in accordance with such manner as prescribed by the Company.
Article 5 Password and User ID Management
- The Registered User shall be responsible for keeping and maintaining its password and user ID for the Services in an appropriate manner, and may not cause a third party to use, or provide, transfer, change the name of, sell or otherwise dispose of, the same.
- The Company may deem any actions performed by using the Registered User's password and user ID as the actions performed by the Registered User.
- The Registered User shall be, and the Company shall in no event be, liable for damages arising out of inappropriate management, misuse, or use of the Registered User's password or user ID by a third party.
Article 6 Content of the Services
- The Registered User shall be entitled to, if predetermined data is not sent to the Company by the predetermined time from the predetermined application in accordance with such procedure as prescribed by the Company (collectively, “Timer Conditions”), request the Company to send a notice set forth in the third paragraph of this Article 6 to the Registered User (“Timer Setting”). However, please note that there are limitations in the frequency of use and settable notification time range according to the usage plan. Also, please note that Timer Setting may not be used due to a technical reason or any other reasons.
- The Registered User may cancel the completed Timer Setting or change the content in accordance with such procedure as prescribed by the Company until the notification time comes.
- When the Timer Conditions are satisfied, the Company shall send a notice having the content designated by the Company to the Registered User by the method the Registered User has chosen from the methods designated by the Company.
- The Registered User may receive support designated by the Company according to the usage plan.
Article 7 Fees and Payment Method
- The Registered User shall pay the usage fee separately prescribed by the Company with respect to each usage plan and displayed in the Company website in compensation for the use of the Services (monthly fee, except when it is separately prescribed by the Company and the Registered User) to the Company by the payment method designated by the Company.
- The Registered User may change the usage plan for the Services in accordance with the procedure prescribed by the Company. Such change of the usage plan shall become effective at the time when the Registered User applies for such change.
- The charge for using the Services in the month when the registration for or change in using the Services becomes effective shall be calculated on a per diem basis in which one month shall be 30 days and the date when these matters become effective shall be used as the basis date.
- If the Registered User fails to pay the above fees when due and payable, it shall be obligated to pay a default penalty at the rate of 14.6% per annum.
Article 8 Prohibited Actions
When using the Services hereunder, the Registered User may not conduct any of the following acts or any act that the Company determines falls under any of the following:
- acts that violate any laws or regulations or that are associated with criminal activity;
- acts that defraud or threaten the Company, other Registered Users or other third parties;
- acts against public order and good morals;
- acts that infringe any IP Rights, portrait rights, privacy rights, reputation or other rights or profit of the Company, other Registered Users or other third parties;
- acts to transmit to other Registered Users, through the Services, any of the following or any transmissions that the Company determines includes under any of the following:
- excessively violent or cruel content;
- computer viruses or other hazardous computer programs;
- content that damage the reputation or the credit of the Company, other users of the Services or other third parties;
- excessively indecent content;
- content that encourages discrimination;
- content that encourages suicide or self-mutilation;
- content that encourages drug abuse;
- antisocial content;
- content for the purpose of disbursing information, such as chain mails;
- content that causes uncomfortable feelings to third parties;
- content for the purpose of encountering unacquainted persons of the opposite sex;
Article 9 Suspension of the Services
- The Company shall be entitled to, without any advance notice to the Registered User, suspend or discontinue the Services, in whole or in part, in the event that:
- Inspection or maintenance of the computer system for the Services needs to be performed due to urgent circumstances;
- Computers or communication lines have been disrupted due to an accident;
- The Company becomes unable to provide the Services due to force majeure, including but not limited to earthquake, lightning, fire, storm and flood damage, power blackout and other natural disasters; or
- The Company determines that suspension or discontinuance is required for other reasons.
- Under no circumstances shall the Company be liable for any damages incurred by the Registered User arising out of any measures taken by the Company pursuant to this Article 9.
Article 10 Ownership of Rights
- Any and all IP Rights related to the Website and the Services are expressly reserved by the Company or the Company's licensor. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as granting to the Registered User a license of the IP Rights owned by the Company or the Company's licensor.
- The Registered User hereby agrees not to exercise moral rights against the Company or any other person who succeeded to the same from the Company or a licensee thereof.
Article 11 Registration Cancellation
- The Company shall be entitled to, without any advance notice or formal demand to the Registered User, temporarily suspend the use of the Services by the Registered User, cancel the said Registered User’s registration, or cancel the Service Agreement if the said Registered User falls under any of the following.Please note that even in this case, the Registered User shall not be released from the obligation to pay the charge for the Services to the Company.
- The Registered User failed to comply with any of provisions hereof;
- Any of the Registration Information is found to be false;
- The Registered User underwent payment suspension or became insolvent, or a petition for bankruptcy, civil rehabilitation, corporate reorganization, special liquidation or other similar procedure was filed against the Registered User;
- he Registered User has not used the Services for 3 months or more;
- The Registered User has not responded to inquiries from the Company or other communications requiring its response for 30 days or more;
- The Registered User falls under any of the subparagraphs of Article 3.4; or
- In addition to the foregoing, if the Company determined that it is not inappropriate for the Registered User to use the Services, maintain its registration as a Registered User, or have the Service Agreement remain in effect.
- If one or more of events specified above occurred, all amounts owed to the Company by the Registered User shall be automatically accelerated, and the Registered User shall immediately pay to the Company such amounts in full.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the Registered User arising out of, or in connection with, any actions taken by the Company pursuant to this Article 11.
Article 12 Withdrawal
- The Registered User shall be entitled to withdraw from the Services and erase its own registration as the Registered User by notifying to the Company in such a manner prescribed by the Company. Withdrawal shall become effective on the last day of the month when a notification concerning the withdrawal is made and the Registered User shall be entitled to use the Services until the said date. Please note that even if the Registered User withdrew from the Services, the usage fee for the month when the notification for withdrawal was made will not be calculated on a per diem basis.
- Upon withdrawal, all amounts then due and payable from the Registered User, if any, shall be automatically accelerated, and the Registered User shall immediately pay to the Company such amounts in full.
- Treatment of user information after the withdrawal shall be subject to the provisions of Article 16.
Article 13 Services Modification and Termination
- The Company shall be entitled to at any time modify or terminate the Services in its own discretion. The Company shall notify in advance the Registered User of any intended termination by the Company of the Services.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the Registered User arising out of, or in connection with, any actions taken by the Company pursuant to this Article 13.
Article 14 Disclaimer and Waiver of Warranties
- THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES (including but not limited to any representation or warranty (i) of fitness or suitability for a particular purpose contemplated by the Registered User, (ii) that the Services have expected functions, commercial value, accuracy, or usefulness, (iii) that the use by the Registered User of the Services complies with the laws and regulations applicable to the Registered User or any internal rules established by industrial organizations, and (iv) that the Services will be free of interruption or defects).
- The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the Registered User arising out of, or in connection with, discontinuation, suspension, termination, out of the use of, or changes in the provision of the Services by the Company, deletion or loss of the messages or information sent to the Company by the Registered User, cancellation of the Registered User's registration, loss of the registered data due to the use of the Services, or failure or damage of equipment, flaw in providing the Services, or other matters related to the Services (a “User Damage”).
- Even if the Service Agreement becomes a consumer contract set forth in the Consumer Contract Act or the Company assumes responsibility for any reason, the Company shall not be liable for the amount exceeding the amount the Registered User paid in the past one month in regard to the User Damage within the range permitted by the laws and regulations and shall not be liable for the damage relating to the incidental damage, consequential damage, special damage, future damage, and lost earnings in spite of the presence or absence of foreseeing.
- The Company shall not in any way be liable for transactions, communications or disputes arising between the Registered User and other Registered Users or a third party in connection with the Services or the Website.
Article 15 Confidentiality
The Registered User shall keep confidential any and all non-public information disclosed by the Company to the Registered User for which the Company has imposed on the Registered User a confidentiality obligation in connection with the Services, unless the Registered User has obtained prior written approval from the Company.
Article 16 Treatment of User Information
- The Company may, in its sole discretion, use or make public any information or data provided by the Registered User to the Company as statistical information in a form that cannot identify an individual, and the Registered User may not challenge or dispute such use.
Article 17 Amendments
The Company reserves the right to amend or change these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any amendment or change to these Terms and Conditions, the Company shall notify the Registered User thereof. If the Registered User uses the Services, or fails to take steps to cancel its registration within the time specified by the Company after the notice set forth above, the Registered User shall be deemed to have agreed to such amendment or change to these Terms and Conditions.
Article 18 Notice
Any inquiries with respect to the Services or other communications or notices from the Registered User to the Company, or the notices concerning any amendment to these Terms and Conditions or other communications or notices from the Company to the Registered User shall be made in accordance with the procedures specified by the Company.
Article 19 Assignment
- The Registered User shall not assign, transfer, grant security interests in or otherwise dispose of its status under the Service Agreement or its rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions without the prior written consent of the Company.
- In cases where the Company has assigned the business regarding the Services to a third party, the Company may, as part of such assignment, assign to such third party its status under the Service Agreement, its rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions, and the Registration Information and other information relating to the Registered User, and the Registered User hereby agrees to such assignment in advance. For the purposes of this Article 19.2, the business assignment referred to above shall include, in addition to the usual form of business assignment, a split of the Company or any other form of restructuring of the Company that would result in a business transfer.
Article 20 Severability
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions or part thereof is held to be invalid or unenforceable under the Consumer Contract Law of Japan or other laws or regulations, the remaining provisions hereof shall remain in full force and effect.
Article 21 Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Japan. If there are sales of goods in the Services, the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Goods (CISG) shall not apply.
- Any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court in the first instance.
These Terms and Conditions shall be executed in the Japanese language. Japanese shall be the governing language and any translation of these Terms and Conditions into any other language is for convenience of reference only and shall not bind the parties hereto.
Prescribed on 08/01/16